Blogs > 37th Frame

Photography, notes, commentary and much more from former Reporter Online Editor Chris Stanley.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Me

I was honored to be featured as one of three speakers at a journalism seminar at Bucks County Community College Wednesday morning. Each year the college invites students and the public to check out the media facilities at their beautiful Newtown campus (it really is something) and interact with working professionals in various journalism-related fields. This year I appeared with Bill Johnson and Rachel Canelli from the Bucks County Courier Times to talk about journalists 'doing it all' - using new technology to reach our readers in many different ways. I webcast the entire seminar, which you can see here (note to my vast fan club - I am the third speaker):



This was a great experience, despite the fact that I'm not one who generally likes appearing before a crowd with a booming microphone (but hey, you have to get over that in this job). I concentrated mostly on talking about videos, but spent some time on the new community outreach efforts at JRC, the parent company of The Reporter.
I love sharing what I do with students and the public, and hope that this showed in my presentation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home