Blogs > 37th Frame

Photography, notes, commentary and much more from former Reporter Online Editor Chris Stanley.

Monday, June 22, 2009

They're taking Kodachrome away


Kodak announced they are no longer producing Kodachrome film. A batch just completed will be the last. Only one commercial lab in the country still processes Kodachrome.
I shot some Kodachrome many moons ago when I was just a young photo pup, but moved to Ektachrome because I could easily process it myself (you could home-process Kodachrome with the K-14 kit, but it was difficult).
Photos my father took in the 50's and 60's with Kodachrome look as good now as they did back then. There is nothing in the world like Kodachrome 25 and it will be missed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Brent Friedman said...

A milestone! Good, bad, or indifferent, a milestone nonetheless! Film purists.... tough love from the big K!

July 31, 2009 at 5:21 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home