Blogs > 37th Frame

Photography, notes, commentary and much more from former Reporter Online Editor Chris Stanley.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

CES

The annual CES show is underway in Las Vegas. This is one of the largest trade shows in the world - 1.7 million square feet, 2,700 exhibitors, 100,000 visitors a day. AP has dubbed this The Gadget Show, which I suppose is appropriate. It is fun to see the new "lifestyle" gadgets that we will not be able to live without in a year or two.

Here's a few things that caught my eye: first, a very cool video/still camera from Casio, that can capture 60 frames per second, and 300 fps for video:

Air Guitar Hero. I would have to fight off my 11-year-old son to play with this:

Samsung wireless internet viewer. I bet I could find a use for this:

A Microsoft-equipped car. Adds a whole new meaning to "computer crash":

3-D HDTV glasses from Samsung:

Can I live without this stuff? Of course. Do I want to? Not really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home